Friday, June 26, 2009

Falling in love with ADPi all over again!

Hello sisters!

I have not been able to get out of my head just how truly awe-inspiring the Adelphean Processional was this morning. Being able to partake in this ceremony that has been a Convention tradition since 1941 gave me chills- even at 7:30a.m.! I was honored to represent my chapter by having an active role and carrying our flag. As I was walking down the aisle and taking it all in, it made me fall in love with ADPi again.
I particularly liked hearing the story of the day our founders made their dream a reality again, as I have not heard it in awhile. Eugenia and the other founders were so into intricate details and wanted everything to be just right on their special day, which showed just how much thought they had put into it before they acted.
I then reflected on how we collegians are so busy in our daily school lives that we often just "go through the motions" instead of really thinking about what we are doing. During the business meeting today I thought about parlimentary procedure and how it is essential to keep my chapter running efficiently. During the Diamond 4-Point Awards ceremony for 10 and 25 year alumna's, I recalled on the amazing alumna, advisors, and international officer's my chapter and myself are fortunate to work with. I am grateful for their guidence and encouraging words of wisdom during my term as President, as they are an invaluable support system.
I'm looking forward to the rest of my convention experience and cannot wait to share my next learning experiences with you all!

Loyally,
Paige, Chapter President, Zeta Omega

No comments:

Post a Comment