Sunday, June 28, 2009

Reflection

I wanted to wait and get home to write my final blog about one of the best experiences of my collegiate career. My roommate picked me up from the airport (she is also ADPi!) and wanted to know all the great stories I had to bring home with me. As I tried to describe my feelings about Convention, I found it hard to put into words the intangible things I witnessed this weekend. However, I did my best.

After the Awards Banquet last night, the most beautiful scene you can imagine was 500+ sisters side by side, standing outside the ballroom, adorned in formal attire, singing our most cherished songs. We sang in one accord and the songs were sung heavenly!! I almost had chills as we all stood there and closed out our final moments together before we said goodbye. 

I would have to say my "favorites" from last night were the traditions of the final banquet. I was honored to give a toast to our founders and our country with my chapter's cup. Also,  I was humbled to carry Epsilon Tau's Golden Lion flag which is a symbol of years of dedication and commitment to the highest principles of membership. Walking down the center aisle toward the beautiful stage filled with silver awards, I knew I walked for my sisters at home. 

Before we went to sing songs, we shut out the lights and began the Candlelight Roll Call. Seeing every chapter's light come on, it reminded me of a statement that one of the award-winning alumna said..."Alpha Delta Pi is the light in my soul." This sentiment is certainly shared by women internationally and it was evident in our final moments spent together at Convention. Not only did it remind me of that sentiment, but also it reminded me of that day back in May as Eugenia's candle burned with a "steady glow"...so did our own lights last night. From 1851 to now, Alpha Delta Pi has shined brightly because of strong women dedicated to a common purpose.

In closing I will say...goodbye for now, because I plan to be at Convention 2011 in PHOENIX!
I just can't get enough ADPI!

Hope everyone was brought safely home!

Thank you to Grand Council, the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation, ADPi Alumnae, and my DTD Ann Young and DPD Jen Yates (for being such an inspiration to me), and EPSILON TAU for sending me to this amazing place! "We Live for Each Other" 

Loyally,

Meredith 
Chapter President
Epsilon Tau

No comments:

Post a Comment