Thursday, June 25, 2009

From the "Frozen North" to the "Sizzling South"

Hello sisters!

I arrived from the “Frozen North” (District IV) yesterday afternoon and I am so happy to be here in beautiful Orlando, Florida! My name is Andrea and I am an alumna member from the Beta Tau Chapter at The University of Akron- Akron, Ohio. I currently serve as the Chapter Advisor for the Gamma Theta Chapter at Mount Union College- Alliance, Ohio. This is the 2nd Convention I have had the privilege to attend since joining Alpha Delta Pi in 1996. I know everyone has already shared many of the events that have taken place this week, so I will just share with you my favorite experience at convention thus far.

Following a short Province meeting on Wednesday evening, practice for the Adelphean Processional was held. I signed up to carry a flag for a dormant chapter in the processional and was assigned the flag for Epsilon Theta, West Liberty College- West Liberty, West Virginia. It was a late night with practice, but in the end I was definitely happy that I decided to carry a flag and I recommend doing this at least once if you ever get the chance. In turn, 199 collegiate chapter names were called along with the alumnae initiate chapter and we all marched in carrying flags representing each and every chapter including the 8 chapters that were colonized since we last met for Convention in 2007. During the practice and prior to the processional I had the opportunity to chat with some wonderful collegiate sisters. We spent time sharing stories about the chapters we serve and the areas of the country where we reside. It was a great time and carrying a flag in the Adelphean Processional was definitely a moment that I will never forget.

The first few days have flown by and I know the rest of the week will be the same. It has been great spending time with old friends and making new friends as well. For those of you who are at Convention I hope that you are enjoying the week thus far and for those of you who are not here in attendance I hope that you will have the opportunity to attend Convention at least once in your lifetime. It is unlike anything you will ever experience as a member of Alpha Delta Pi!

I can truly say that my sorority has made me the woman I am today and I am so proud to call myself an Alpha Delta Pi.

Loyally,
Andrea
Beta Tau Alumna
Gamma Theta Chapter Advisor

No comments:

Post a Comment