Wednesday, June 24, 2009

First Night in Florida

Good Evening Sisters!

I hope everyone is having a great time in Orlando so far and getting their Convention Week 2009 off to a great start.

Whether you got here early in the morning or later this afternoon, I hope you have had time to check out our beautiful hotel. It has a lot of cool little hideaways, like the cozy couch with canopy I am writing from right now.

Registration seemed to go very smoothly. Those volunteers sure know what they are doing, and I bet that can't be easy with 500+ of us running around here. By the way, does anyone else feel like we're the only people in this hotel? I mean, of course, I know we're not, but everywhere I go, I see more ADPi's than anything else, and it just seems like we've taken over. Haha.

I thought the business meeting orientation today went very efficiently. It was very straightforward. I think everyone realizes just how important the Bylaws amendments and resolutions are, and also how important it is to be at the business meetings, even if you aren't a voting delegate. And don't forget that some of the amendments are being bundled together. That will be important to consider when the time for voting comes.

The highlight of today was definitely, in my opinion, dinner. I thought I was starving, and I still couldn't finish what was in front of me. Although I've been told that some cultures consider it a compliment when you can't finish your food because it means you got enough to eat. Who knows? But it wasn't just the food that made dinner awesome. Doug Hanson was such a wonderfully upbeat and entertaining speaker. Virtual Violets to whoever arranged for him to be here. He was great.

I especially enjoyed the image he put on screen of the kitten with the lion's reflection. With Alphie as our mascot, I think that image really spoke to all of us ADPi's and got across the message that we all have so much potential, and all we have to do is realize it and put it to good use. Mr. Hanson had such amazing stories to share with us all, and just looking at his family seated at the table next to mine, I could tell that they all seem to lead very happy lives. So, maybe we can definitely learn a few things from him. I can't wait to read that book.

Well Sisters, it's getting late, and I think we all need a good night's sleep before tomorrow's festivities. I will see you all bright, early, and dressed in white tomorrow morning. In the words of Mr. Hanson, you are all very special and should live life to its fullest.

Goodnight.

Love and Loyalty,
Katie
Corresponding Secretary
Theta Zeta

No comments:

Post a Comment