Saturday, June 27, 2009

Officers, Oldtimers, and Orlando!

Officers, Oldtimers, and Orlando! This describes our third day here at the beautiful Renaissance Sea World Resort! 

We began the day with our Second Business Meeting which involved such business as electing Grand Council officers as well as voting on courtesy resolutions. As they gave the Credentials Report, every woman could see that their vote was critical to the future of our sorority. The business meetings give you a chance to see what an impact you have on the next two years for Alpha Delta Pi.

After the business meeting, we were given free time in ORLANDO! I've heard about shopping trips, Disney and Sea World adventures, poolside talks, and some fun stories from women who stayed around the hotel. I think we all enjoyed the free time and the chance to get to know sisters from around the nation!

My favorite part of this third day was the Oldtimers' Dinner! Several alumnae were honored for their continued service to Alpha Delta Pi through the Diamond Circle Ceremony, Alumnae Achievement Awards, and the Joan Perry Boatwright Loyalty Awards. I remember as they read off each sister's accomplishments I listened in awe of their service not only to Alpha Delta Pi but their unselfish service to others. One of these outstanding women reminded us that our four years in college are just the baby steps...you're an alumna the rest of your life! These women who were honored are role models to me as I will graduate in a year and join their status as an alumna member. I hope and sincerely plan to serve as wholeheartedly as they have as a way of thanking Alpha Delta Pi for being such an impact in my life. I anxiously anticipate the years ahead!

Some other features of the Oldtimers' Dinner was the tradition of the Convention Song, Legacy Awards, and a Gift Mart Fashion Show! 

I am looking forward to tomorrows activities which include the Initiation and Ritual Review Workshop, Panhellenic Luncheon, workshops, and the Diamond Awards Banquet. I can't wait to learn more about the "Universal Appeal of Excellence"!

Loyally,

Meredith Howell
Epsilon Tau
Chapter President
 


No comments:

Post a Comment