Thursday, June 25, 2009

"You ARE History"

As I am looking through our schedule for tomorrow, I am interested to check out the "You ARE History" workshop. I think that is why we are here and what Grand Convention is all about. During the Adelphean Processional and Formal Opening today, you could see how we are brought together through the words our sisters wrote many years ago. Those words, ideals, and rituals have stood the test of time. I think that is where the "universal appeal" theme is intertwined as well. Our diamond-shaped badge represents attributes that are eternal and  sought after. The same ideals of character that our founders valued are invaluable today, over 100 years later. 

My favorite part of the Formal Opening was when the Leadership Consultants read the stories about our founders. The images I thought of when I heard the stories were so vivid. When they talked about how our founders took special precaution to preserve our ritual, I could look around a room and see hundreds of other women who have guarded this same thing. It is something I could share with the Chapter President sitting beside me as well as the International Grand President sitting before me. 

Our first business meeting was professional and well-prepared. Therefore, it ran efficiently and we were able to accomplish a great deal in a small amount of time. I was also excited to go to my first District Caucus and even more excited to see one of my Chapter Advisors get elected as the Nominating Committee Member! 

At the Foundation Luncheon, we had the privilege of hearing a message from Ainsley Earhardt, a Fox News correspondent (my favorite network! ). She encouraged us to dream big and reminded us to remember that "you can control 2 things: your character and your reputation." I am honored to call such an outstanding woman my sister!

I ended tonight by attending the So, You Want To Be a Leadership Consultant? session. It was enlightening to hear my sisters' stories from when they traveled and their tips for aspiring consultants. I hope to meet some more leadership consultants this week and get more information about such a rewarding experience!

After our Second Business Meeting tomorrow we have FREE TIME!! I think we could all use a little bit of that in such a beautiful city! 

Goodnight!

Loyally,

Meredith
Chapter President
Epsilon Tau














No comments:

Post a Comment