Sunday, June 28, 2009

Final Thoughts

I am home from Convention and I finally have a chance to sit down and share my final thoughts. It was such a wonderful week spending time with all of my sisters!

Last night was a great evening and congratulations to all of you that were honored with awards. My favorite part of the evening was the final roll call. As each chapter name was called, members of that chapter stand and light a small pen light. In the end everyone is standing and the room looks amazing with all of the lights!

This week was long and I was definitely exhausted when I arrived home, but I would not trade this experience for the world. We listened to wonderful speakers, participated in ritual, attended business meetings, shared meals with our sisters, and we even had a chance to spend some free time in Orlando. The week flew by quickly and the 158th Grand Convention is now part of Alpha Delta Pi history.

I would personally like to thank all of you for making my week in Orlando wonderful! A special thank you to all of my District IV sisters, especially Gina, Katie and Christy who made my week extra special! Congratulations to the Beta Tau House Corporation, the Akron Area Alumnae Association and the Beta Tau Chapter for winnning the most prestigious Alpha Delta Pi Awards- House Corporation Excellence, Alumnae Association Pi Pride and Golden Lion! I am so proud to be a member of these wonderful groups and I am ever prouder to be a sister in Alpha Delta Pi!

This is Convention Number 2,
Number 2, Number 2,
This is Convention Number 2,
Have you been to 3?

Hope to see all of you in Phoenix, Arizona at the Biltmore Hotel in 2011!

Loyally,
Andrea
Beta Tau Alumna
Gamma Theta Chapter Advisor

No comments:

Post a Comment